DAILY PHYSICAL ACTIVITY
For A Healthy Weight
IS AN IMPORTANT PART
OF MAINTAINING A HEALTHY WEIGHT!
WHAT KIND? HOW MUCH?
I know, what would you do, how and when?
Let’s Start Simply
7,500-10,000 STEPS DAILY
This is based on research.
You will need to restructure your day
to reach this goal.
THERE ARE MANY WAYS
- iPhone has a step counter built in the Health App.
- Android phone has a step counter in the Google Fit App.
- The list is long
ANY ONE OF THEM COULD WORK FOR YOU
- If they record and show by day
- Are Readable
- Are Able to Stay With You
- Are Affordable
HOW WILL I USE YOUR ACTIVITY?
- I will want you to share your activity (step) counts at each appointment
- I do this to help you be accountable
- I’ll email reminders to encourage this activity
OTHER KINDS OF EXERCISE
- As I described earlier, I want you to do resistance exercise (eventually).
- Resistance exercise has many short- and long-term benefits
- If you aren’t already doing it, I’ll suggest adding it to your activity program after the first 6 months.
A FEW IMPORTANT POINTS
- I KNOW HOW HARD IT IS TO BUILD ACTIVITY TIME INTO YOUR BUSY DAY
- This is one component of weight change that really needs to become habitual for the long haul, so really commit to it!
- I believe you will come to appreciate the activity time as some “mental time off” too.
- I’ll send you encouragements by email to help you stay focused.