Chronic Disease and COVID19: Precautions First!
Which chronic diseases do badly with COVID19?
Preliminary research shows that patients with cancer, heart disease (including high blood pressure), obesity, and chronic lung disease have more severe cases of COVID19.
Why does chronic disease make you more vulnerable?
We don’t have the final answer to this question. The immune system of patients with chronic disease is under more strain, which could lessen their ability to withstand the virus attack. As more research emerges, I will share new medical strategies for building a better defense.
For now, your best defense is a strong offense.
Keeping your current chronic disease in optimal control is our first strategy. This will give your body systems their best starting point for responding to a virus infection, should it occur.
The amount of virus matters.
The more virus particles that get into your mouth, nose or eyes, the more likely you will develop a severe infection with a dangerous inflammatory reaction. While it is virtually impossible for every person on the planet to completely avoid COVID19, getting the smallest amount of exposure at a time should be your goal. So, keep a distance from people who might be carrying the virus (which can be people that aren’t having fever or cough at all!).
Wash those hands! They are a common route for getting virus from others into your body. Here’s how to wash!
Wear a face covering. I know, this is so hard to get your mind around – like, for how long are we gonna have to do this? Nobody can say just yet. We just have to focus on each day, doing everything we can to stay healthy. Down the road, maybe we can hang up these designer masks, and go to crowded concerts, and, well, get back to ‘normal’.
For Now, Control is the Goal!
Control of your chronic disease, that is. Let’s get your body optimized to fight this virus!
Now, if you want to get an email when I have updated these health topics, just fill in the ‘subscribe’ box to the right.
Until next topic, I wish the best of health to you!
Get email notifications when I post new Health Topics.
- Get Online Acne Treatment Now!
- What is Chronic Disease?
- Quit Smoking: How Wellivery Can Help
- Change Your Weight for Better Health!
- Gout Pain Can Be Controlled!
- Doctor Visits on Your Phone!
- Urinary Tract Infections: Get Your Antibiotic Online!
- Electronic Prescription Medicine: No Paper To Lose!
- Wellivery Facts: Online Doctor Visits Work!
- Follow-up Care: Wellivery Makes It Easy!
Acne is a common disorder that can occur from childhood into adulthood. Acne that is moderate to severe creates painful nodules, scarring, and causes psychological stress among its sufferers. Acne is caused by a combination of factors: 1. secretion of...
* Chronic disease means any illness that lasts .. Longer than 1 year .. Requires Medical Care .. Limits your Activities of Daily Living *The Big Ones responsible for most debility and death are: Heart Disease (coronary artery disease and high blood...
* Cigarette smoking is the most powerful risk you can control.* Quitting isn't easy and usually takes several tries.* The benefit for preventing heart attacks and cancer is huge.* Wellivery will help you get there by prescribing medication that will help...
* Extra body weight increases your chances of: heart disease, diabetes, and cancer. * On top of these scary issues, medication, hospital and doctor costs are higher if you are overweight or obese. * Good News! Small changes in your weight can pay off big...
*Gout is a type of arthritis affecting a small number of joints. *Joint pain, swelling and redness, usually starting at night, are the main symptoms. *The joints involved are usually in the fingers, toes, wrists, and knees. *The pain is caused by uric acid...
Quality chronic disease care depends on self-management by patients. A large part of my role as your physician is teaching you these self-management skills. Crucial to these skills are techniques you will use to assess: Your Symptoms Your Chronic Disease...