Urinary Tract Infections: Get Your Antibiotic Online!
Podcast: Play in new window | Download
Urinary Tract Infection Symptoms:
- Burning (dysuria)
- Frequency (having to urinate more often than usual)
- Urgency (stronger than normal urge to urinate)
These symptoms are the hallmarks of a UTI (Urinary tract infection) or a bladder infection.
A UTI is a bacterial infection usually caused by: E. coli, Klebsiella, or Proteus bacteria.
The infection is in the lining and wall of the urethra and bladder. The infection irritates this lining and may cause blood to ooze from it, appearing in your urine as cloudiness or even redness.
A simple UTI does not cause: fever or vomiting or back pain.
Research studies in adult women have shown that women can accurately identify a UTI, without a urine test, as long as there aren’t complicating conditions, like: pregnancy, cancer, vomiting, vaginal discharge, or fever.
If your symptoms fit, and you don’t have any of these conditions, a prescribed antibiotic is appropriate.
Getting antibiotic started early prevents the infection from working its way into your kidneys, which is harder to treat, makes you much sicker, and may damage your kidney function.
I will recommend one that:
- steers clear of your medicine allergies.
- Is generally effective against the most common bacterial causes
- Is affordable
- Has a simple schedule, like twice daily for 7 days
Are you ready to get your prescription?
Get email notifications when I post new Health Topics.
- Leveraging Dietary Protein
- Oral Cancer Prevention
- COVID19 Treatment!
- Long COVID Lung
- Long COVID Brain
- Long COVID Heart
- Take Control of Diabetes!
- Long COVID Treatment
- What Causes Long COVID?
- Steroids and Long COVID
- How Widespread is Long COVID?
- What is long COVID?
- Get Online Acne Treatment Now!
- What is Chronic Disease?
- Quit Smoking: How Wellivery Can Help
- Change Your Weight for Better Health!
- Gout Pain Can Be Controlled!
- Doctor Visits on Your Phone!
- Urinary Tract Infections: Get Your Antibiotic Online!
- Electronic Prescription Medicine: No Paper To Lose!
Leveraging Dietary Protein
* Why is protein needed? * What kind of protein? * How much? Why is Deitary Protein Important? Obesity Prevention: The American diet tends to be high in carbohydrates and fats. Excessive intake of these nutrients is driving an epidemic of obesity, diabetes, heart...
Oral Cancer Prevention
Oral Cancer Prevention According to the World Health Organization, oral cancer is the 13th most common cancer on the planet. The Centers of Disease Control and Prevention estimates that oral cancer will cause 54,000 new cases of oral cancer (2022). If not detected...
TREATMENT FOR COVID19?YES! I have been tracking the scientific and clinical literature since the beginning of the COVID-19 pandemic. I have been particularly vigilant for safe and effective treatments for COVID-19 that are used in NON-HOSPITALIZED patients that have a...
Long COVID Lung
Long COVID Lung A large number of patients that experienced COVID-19 will have persisting lung symptoms such as shortness of breath, wheezing, cough, and decreased exercise capacity. These problems are usually worse in patients who became so ill that they required...
Long COVID Brain
Long COVID Brain You have either heard of or experienced first hand the “brain fog” associated with COVID-19 infection. This disordered operation of thought and memory occurs during an active COVID-19 infection. But what about later, down the road? Do these issues...
Long COVID Heart
Infection with COVID-19 has shown us many unique medical problems caused by the virus. Once you as a patient get out of the danger zone with your initial infection, you may not be out of the woods. Many patients COVID-19 are reporting new problems beginning many...