TREATMENT FOR COVID19?
I have been tracking the scientific and clinical literature since the beginning of the COVID-19 pandemic. I have been particularly vigilant for safe and effective treatments for COVID-19 that are used in NON-HOSPITALIZED patients. A number of theoretical treatment options have been tested and many more are being tested in human studies at this time.
Of all of those tested so far, monoclonal antibody IS THE ONLY ONE with proof of effectiveness.
WHAT IS IT?
This treatment is administered as an intravenous infusion in one setting, typically over 2 hours. The antibody in the infusion locks onto virus particles in your body and neutralizes them, which dramatically curtails further virus production and the symptoms that go with it.
WHO IS ELIGIBLE?
Symptoms: mild to moderate illness (normal oxygen, not struggling to breathe)
Ages: 12 and older with a body weight of at least 40 kg.
Chronic Illness: that places you at increased risk for severe COVID19 – this includes:
- Cerebrovascular disease (stroke)
- Chronic kidney disease* (polycystic, nephritis, nephrosis)
- COPD (chronic obstructive pulmonary disease, emphysema)
- Diabetes mellitus, type 1 and type 2*
- Heart conditions (such as heart failure, coronary artery disease, or cardiomyopathies)
- Obesity (BMI ≥30 kg/m2)*
- Pregnancy and recent pregnancy
- Smoking, current and former
Infusions centers are being established in most states. Go to this Website to locate one near you:
You should get this treatment as soon as you can after receive a positive test for COVID19.
Get email notifications when I post new Health Topics.
- COVID19 Treatment!
- Get Online Acne Treatment Now!
- What is Chronic Disease?
- Quit Smoking: How Wellivery Can Help
- Change Your Weight for Better Health!
- Gout Pain Can Be Controlled!
- Doctor Visits on Your Phone!
- Urinary Tract Infections: Get Your Antibiotic Online!
- Electronic Prescription Medicine: No Paper To Lose!
- Wellivery Facts: Online Doctor Visits Work!
- Follow-up Care: Wellivery Makes It Easy!
- Children and Chronic Disease
- Symptom Surveys
- Cancer: Let’s Talk Prevention!
- How To Control Your Heart Disease!
- Chronic Disease and COVID19: Precautions First!
- Prevention? Get A Lifestyle Action Plan!
- Take Control of Diabetes!
- Winter Health Tips
- Affordability: Means Accessible Care!
Acne is a common disorder that can occur from childhood into adulthood. Acne that is moderate to severe creates painful nodules, scarring, and causes psychological stress among its sufferers. Acne is caused by a combination of factors: 1. secretion of...
* Chronic disease means any illness that lasts .. Longer than 1 year .. Requires Medical Care .. Limits your Activities of Daily Living *The Big Ones responsible for most debility and death are: Heart Disease (coronary artery disease and high blood...
* Cigarette smoking is the most powerful risk you can control.* Quitting isn't easy and usually takes several tries.* The benefit for preventing heart attacks and cancer is huge.* Wellivery will help you get there by prescribing medication that will help...
* Extra body weight increases your chances of: heart disease, diabetes, and cancer. * On top of these scary issues, medication, hospital and doctor costs are higher if you are overweight or obese. * Good News! Small changes in your weight can pay off big...
*Gout is a type of arthritis affecting a small number of joints. *Joint pain, swelling and redness, usually starting at night, are the main symptoms. *The joints involved are usually in the fingers, toes, wrists, and knees. *The pain is caused by uric acid...
Quality chronic disease care depends on self-management by patients. A large part of my role as your physician is teaching you these self-management skills. Crucial to these skills are techniques you will use to assess: Your Symptoms Your Chronic Disease...