Gout Pain Can Be Controlled!
* Gout is a type of arthritis affecting a small number of joints.
* Joint pain, swelling and redness, usually starting at night, are the main symptoms.
* The joints involved are usually in the fingers, toes, wrists, and knees.
* The pain is caused by uric acid crystals forming in the joint.
* This occurs because your body is not removing uric acid from the bloodstream at a normal rate.
* Special Medication can be used to decrease your uric acid blood level.
* These medicines prevent the pain attacks of gout!
Wellivery follows National standards for gout management.
To get started, we’ll send you for two blood tests.
When those results are available, we will select the best medicine for lowering your uric acid blood level.
Modification of your body weight (toward your ideal BMI) and reduction of alcohol intake can also lower your chances of gout attacks.
When we have your dose of medicine ‘dialed in’ to keep your uric acid below 6, we will do follow-up visits every 6 months, by phone!
Phone appointments: a key convenience of Wellivery!
If you want to get an email when I have updated these health topics, just fill in the ‘subscribe’ box to the right.
Until next topic, I wish the best of health to you!
Get email notifications when I post new Health Topics.
- Is Tirzepatide For You?
- Urinary Tract Infections: Get Your Antibiotic Online!
- Change Your Weight for Better Health!
- Quit Smoking: How Wellivery Can Help
- Doctor Visits on Your Phone!
- Gout Pain Can Be Controlled!
- What is Chronic Disease?
- Get Online Acne Treatment Now!
- Take Control of Diabetes!
- Is Semaglutide For You?
- Prevention? Get A Lifestyle Action Plan!
- Affordability: Means Accessible Care!
- Leveraging Dietary Protein
- Oral Cancer Prevention
- COVID19 Treatment!
- Long COVID Lung
- Long COVID Brain
- Long COVID Heart
- Long COVID Treatment
- What Causes Long COVID?
* As you know, excess body weight increases your chances of: heart disease, diabetes, and cancer.* Studies show that medication, hospital and doctor costs are higher if you are overweight or obese.* Good News! Small changes in your weight can pay off big in reducing...
Urinary Tract Infection Symptoms: Burning (dysuria) Frequency (having to urinate more often than usual) Urgency (stronger than normal urge to urinate) These symptoms are the hallmarks of a UTI (Urinary tract infection) or a bladder infection. A UTI is a...
* Extra body weight increases your chances of: heart disease, diabetes, and cancer.* On top of these scary issues, medication, hospital and doctor costs are higher if you are overweight or obese.* Good News! Small changes in your weight can dramaticlaly...
* Cigarette smoking is the most powerful risk factor that you can control!* Quitting isn't easy and usually takes several tries.* The benefit for preventing heart attacks and cancer is huge.* Wellivery will help you get there by prescribing medication that...
Quality chronic disease care depends on self-management by patients. A large part of my role as a physician is teaching self-management skills. Crucial to these skills are techniques you will use to assess: - Your Symptoms, and, - Your Chronic Disease...
* Chronic disease means any illness that lasts .. Longer than 1 year .. Requires Medical Care, and .. Limits your Activities of Daily Living *The Big Ones are: Heart Disease (coronary artery disease and high blood pressure) Type 2 Diabetes, which usually...