Get Online Acne Treatment Now!
Acne is a common disorder that can occur from childhood into adulthood. Acne that is moderate to severe creates painful nodules, scarring, and causes psychological stress among its sufferers.
Acne is caused by a combination of factors:
1. secretion of excess amounts of sebum (oil) from oil glands in the skin
2. clogging of the duct in the oil gland trapping sebum which becomes inflamed and swollen
3. infection due to bacteria in the duct.
When the problem is mostly excess sebum and mild clogging, topical creams and gels designed to unclog the duct are prescribed.
When infection is part of the problem, Wellivery prescribes topical or oral antibiotics aimed at the particular type of bacteria at fault.
When the sebum over-production is so severe that you develop deep, painful, scarring pimples, a special medicine that shuts down sebum production is ordered. This medication requires close monitoring with monthly reassessments.
Which type of acne you have and which of these factors are to blame for your acne varies.
At Wellivery, we will determine you acne type, your skin type, and then devise a treatment plan and a follow-up plan that is customized to your chemistry. And most importantly, Wellivery provides follow-up to make sure you are getting the results you want.
Some medications used in the treatment of acne are: topical tretinoin, adalpene, tazarotene, trifarotene, benzoyl peroxide, clindamycin, doxycycline, minocycline, erythromycin, salicylic acid, azelaic acid, dapsone, clascoterone, spironolactone (females), oral isotretinoin, and oral contraceptives (females)
Get email notifications when I post new Health Topics.
- COVID19 Treatment!
- Get Online Acne Treatment Now!
- What is Chronic Disease?
- Quit Smoking: How Wellivery Can Help
- Change Your Weight for Better Health!
- Gout Pain Can Be Controlled!
- Doctor Visits on Your Phone!
- Urinary Tract Infections: Get Your Antibiotic Online!
- Electronic Prescription Medicine: No Paper To Lose!
- Wellivery Facts: Online Doctor Visits Work!
- Follow-up Care: Wellivery Makes It Easy!
- Children and Chronic Disease
- Symptom Surveys
- Cancer: Let’s Talk Prevention!
- How To Control Your Heart Disease!
- Chronic Disease and COVID19: Precautions First!
- Prevention? Get A Lifestyle Action Plan!
- Take Control of Diabetes!
- Winter Health Tips
- Affordability: Means Accessible Care!
TREATMENT FOR COVID19?YES! I have been tracking the scientific and clinical literature since the beginning of the COVID-19 pandemic. I have been particularly vigilant for safe and effective treatments for COVID-19 that are used in NON-HOSPITALIZED patients. A number...
* Chronic disease means any illness that lasts .. Longer than 1 year .. Requires Medical Care .. Limits your Activities of Daily Living *The Big Ones responsible for most debility and death are: Heart Disease (coronary artery disease and high blood...
* Cigarette smoking is the most powerful risk you can control.* Quitting isn't easy and usually takes several tries.* The benefit for preventing heart attacks and cancer is huge.* Wellivery will help you get there by prescribing medication that will help...
* Extra body weight increases your chances of: heart disease, diabetes, and cancer. * On top of these scary issues, medication, hospital and doctor costs are higher if you are overweight or obese. * Good News! Small changes in your weight can pay off big...
*Gout is a type of arthritis affecting a small number of joints. *Joint pain, swelling and redness, usually starting at night, are the main symptoms. *The joints involved are usually in the fingers, toes, wrists, and knees. *The pain is caused by uric acid...
Quality chronic disease care depends on self-management by patients. A large part of my role as your physician is teaching you these self-management skills. Crucial to these skills are techniques you will use to assess: Your Symptoms Your Chronic Disease...