What is Chronic Disease?
Podcast: Play in new window | Download
* Chronic disease means any illness that lasts
.. Longer than 1 year
.. Requires Medical Care
.. Limits your Activities of Daily Living
*The Big Ones responsible for most debility and death are:
- Heart Disease (coronary artery disease and high blood pressure)
- Type 2 Diabetes, which usually begins during adulthood
* There are a number of other diseases that meet this definition too:
.. Gout and other types of arthritis
.. Acne and other skin disorders
.. Anxiety, Insomnia, Depression
.. Attention Deficit Disorder
.. Asthma and COPD
.. and many more
*Prevention of these diseases is a Major Focus of Wellivery!
.. Prevention of many diseases IS possible by understanding and adjusting risks
.. If not prevented, the earlier a disease is diagnosed the best
.. This means following a well defined screening schedule as you mature!
*Control of these diseases is our top priority, once they have been diagnosed.
What is Control?
- It means controlling the progression of your current disease
- It means controlling the symptoms of your disease
- It means controlling your risk of getting other chronic disease
- It means controlling side effects of your medicines
How do you ‘get’ control?
- You need a physician-partner to advise, monitor, screen, prescribe, and follow.
- Your physician partner needs to be accessible and affordable.
- You need the most modern technology and medications.
- You need continuous education to learn how to manage your disease.
- You need continuous feedback on how you are doing.
I designed Wellivery to ‘deliver’ these things that I consider essential in the prevention and control of chronic disease.
I am ready to assist you in taking control and reaching a new high point in your personal health!
If you want to get an email when I have updated these health topics, just fill in the ‘subscribe’ box to the right.
Until next topic, I wish the best of health to you!
Get email notifications when I post new Health Topics.
- Leveraging Dietary Protein
- Oral Cancer Prevention
- COVID19 Treatment!
- Long COVID Lung
- Long COVID Brain
- Long COVID Heart
- Take Control of Diabetes!
- Long COVID Treatment
- What Causes Long COVID?
- Steroids and Long COVID
- How Widespread is Long COVID?
- What is long COVID?
- Get Online Acne Treatment Now!
- What is Chronic Disease?
- Quit Smoking: How Wellivery Can Help
- Change Your Weight for Better Health!
- Gout Pain Can Be Controlled!
- Doctor Visits on Your Phone!
- Urinary Tract Infections: Get Your Antibiotic Online!
- Electronic Prescription Medicine: No Paper To Lose!
Leveraging Dietary Protein
* Why is protein needed? * What kind of protein? * How much? Why is Deitary Protein Important? Obesity Prevention: The American diet tends to be high in carbohydrates and fats. Excessive intake of these nutrients is driving an epidemic of obesity, diabetes, heart...
Oral Cancer Prevention
Oral Cancer Prevention According to the World Health Organization, oral cancer is the 13th most common cancer on the planet. The Centers of Disease Control and Prevention estimates that oral cancer will cause 54,000 new cases of oral cancer (2022). If not detected...
TREATMENT FOR COVID19?YES! I have been tracking the scientific and clinical literature since the beginning of the COVID-19 pandemic. I have been particularly vigilant for safe and effective treatments for COVID-19 that are used in NON-HOSPITALIZED patients that have a...
Long COVID Lung
Long COVID Lung A large number of patients that experienced COVID-19 will have persisting lung symptoms such as shortness of breath, wheezing, cough, and decreased exercise capacity. These problems are usually worse in patients who became so ill that they required...
Long COVID Brain
Long COVID Brain You have either heard of or experienced first hand the “brain fog” associated with COVID-19 infection. This disordered operation of thought and memory occurs during an active COVID-19 infection. But what about later, down the road? Do these issues...
Long COVID Heart
Infection with COVID-19 has shown us many unique medical problems caused by the virus. Once you as a patient get out of the danger zone with your initial infection, you may not be out of the woods. Many patients COVID-19 are reporting new problems beginning many...