What is Chronic Disease?
* Chronic disease means any illness that lasts
.. Longer than 1 year
.. Requires Medical Care
.. Limits your Activities of Daily Living
*The Big Ones responsible for most debility and death are:
- Heart Disease (coronary artery disease and high blood pressure)
- Type 2 Diabetes, which usually begins during adulthood
* There are a number of other diseases that meet this definition too:
.. Gout and other types of arthritis
.. Acne and other skin disorders
.. Anxiety, Insomnia, Depression
.. Attention Deficit Disorder
.. Asthma and COPD
.. and many more
*Prevention of these diseases is a Major Focus of Wellivery!
.. Prevention of many diseases IS possible by understanding and adjusting risks
.. If not prevented, the earlier a disease is diagnosed the best
.. This means following a well defined screening schedule as you mature!
*Control of these diseases is our top priority, once they have been diagnosed.
What is Control?
- It means controlling the progression of your current disease
- It means controlling the symptoms of your disease
- It means controlling your risk of getting other chronic disease
- It means controlling side effects of your medicines
How do you ‘get’ control?
- You need a physician-partner to advise, monitor, screen, prescribe, and follow.
- Your physician partner needs to be accessible and affordable.
- You need the most modern technology and medications.
- You need continuous education to learn how to manage your disease.
- You need continuous feedback on how you are doing.
I designed Wellivery to ‘deliver’ these things that I consider essential in the prevention and control of chronic disease.
I am ready to assist you in taking control and reaching a new high point in your personal health!
If you want to get an email when I have updated these health topics, just fill in the ‘subscribe’ box to the right.
Until next topic, I wish the best of health to you!
Get email notifications when I post new Health Topics.
- COVID19 Treatment!
- Get Online Acne Treatment Now!
- What is Chronic Disease?
- Quit Smoking: How Wellivery Can Help
- Change Your Weight for Better Health!
- Gout Pain Can Be Controlled!
- Doctor Visits on Your Phone!
- Urinary Tract Infections: Get Your Antibiotic Online!
- Electronic Prescription Medicine: No Paper To Lose!
- Wellivery Facts: Online Doctor Visits Work!
- Follow-up Care: Wellivery Makes It Easy!
- Children and Chronic Disease
- Symptom Surveys
- Cancer: Let’s Talk Prevention!
- How To Control Your Heart Disease!
- Chronic Disease and COVID19: Precautions First!
- Prevention? Get A Lifestyle Action Plan!
- Take Control of Diabetes!
- Winter Health Tips
- Affordability: Means Accessible Care!
TREATMENT FOR COVID19?YES! I have been tracking the scientific and clinical literature since the beginning of the COVID-19 pandemic. I have been particularly vigilant for safe and effective treatments for COVID-19 that are used in NON-HOSPITALIZED patients. A number...
Acne is a common disorder that can occur from childhood into adulthood. Acne that is moderate to severe creates painful nodules, scarring, and causes psychological stress among its sufferers. Acne is caused by a combination of factors: 1. secretion of...
* Cigarette smoking is the most powerful risk you can control.* Quitting isn't easy and usually takes several tries.* The benefit for preventing heart attacks and cancer is huge.* Wellivery will help you get there by prescribing medication that will help...
* Extra body weight increases your chances of: heart disease, diabetes, and cancer. * On top of these scary issues, medication, hospital and doctor costs are higher if you are overweight or obese. * Good News! Small changes in your weight can pay off big...
*Gout is a type of arthritis affecting a small number of joints. *Joint pain, swelling and redness, usually starting at night, are the main symptoms. *The joints involved are usually in the fingers, toes, wrists, and knees. *The pain is caused by uric acid...
Quality chronic disease care depends on self-management by patients. A large part of my role as your physician is teaching you these self-management skills. Crucial to these skills are techniques you will use to assess: Your Symptoms Your Chronic Disease...