Cancer: Let’s Talk Prevention!
* Prevention of cancer by avoiding known causes is our first priority.
* Cigarette Smoking is the most important known cause of cancer!
* Catching cancer at its earliest stage gives the greatest chance of survival.
* That means you need to get your screenings!
* Having a diagnosis of cancer does not mean we stop working on prevention or screening.
* Some cancers are not the cause of death – they are just along for the ride!
Cancer is a scary word.
Really scary. Most non-medical people regard it as a lethal condition.
But, really, what does cancer mean?
Cancer is a condition of out-of-control cell growth. It usually begins a one site or organ. If not detected and treated, it continues to grow and can spread through the blood to other organs.
We know conclusively what causes certain cancers, like lung cancer, which is triggered by cigarette smoke. And cervical cancer, which follows infection with the human papilloma virus.
For other cancers, we don’t yet know the precise cause, but have identified risk factors that steadily push people into that cancer.
Wellivery focuses on two aspects of cancer.
- screening to allow earliest diagnosis and treatment
- risk reduction – to prevent cancer from emerging.
In the U.S., hospitals and pharmaceutical companies have worked hard and at great expense to treat cancer. Countless lives have been saved by this approach.
Unfortunately, many patients die when the cancer is diagnosed too late or when the treatment fails.
Clearly, prevention of cancer would have a vast impact.
The U.S. healthcare system has not been particularly effective at preventing cancer. Medical research has shown how doctors should work with patients to prevent cancer and how to make screening happen. However, this research is not universally used, and for many reasons, patients don’t have access to either screening or prevention planning.
Cancer prevention and screening for earlist diagnosis is a primary focus of Wellivery. Our formula?
- Use established clinical guidelines
- Get patients screed according to these guidelines
- Develop a prevention plan for each patient
- Control risk factors that are already present
- Use the smartphone and phone visits as the primary platform for patient communication and education – not the doctor office.
Cancer is like most chronic diseases that occur when a genetic susceptabilty that you inherited interacts with your environment (like: nutrition, stress, excess weight, physical inactivity, smoking, alcohol). We can’t change your genetic profile.
You CAN change the enviromental factors that will push you into cancer. Wellivery is designed to be your expert physician counselor, guiding you to victory over your risk of cancer.
Get email notifications when I post new Health Topics.
- Get Online Acne Treatment Now!
- What is Chronic Disease?
- Quit Smoking: How Wellivery Can Help
- Change Your Weight for Better Health!
- Gout Pain Can Be Controlled!
- Doctor Visits on Your Phone!
- Urinary Tract Infections: Get Your Antibiotic Online!
- Electronic Prescription Medicine: No Paper To Lose!
- Wellivery Facts: Online Doctor Visits Work!
- Follow-up Care: Wellivery Makes It Easy!
- Children and Chronic Disease
- Symptom Surveys
- Cancer: Let’s Talk Prevention!
- How To Control Your Heart Disease!
- Chronic Disease and COVID19: Precautions First!
- Prevention? Get A Lifestyle Action Plan!
- Take Control of Diabetes!
- Winter Health Tips
- Affordability: Means Accessible Care!
Acne is a common disorder that can occur from childhood into adulthood. Acne that is moderate to severe creates painful nodules, scarring, and causes psychological stress among its sufferers. Acne is caused by a combination of factors: 1. secretion of...
* Chronic disease means any illness that lasts .. Longer than 1 year .. Requires Medical Care .. Limits your Activities of Daily Living *The Big Ones responsible for most debility and death are: Heart Disease (coronary artery disease and high blood...
* Cigarette smoking is the most powerful risk you can control.* Quitting isn't easy and usually takes several tries.* The benefit for preventing heart attacks and cancer is huge.* Wellivery will help you get there by prescribing medication that will help...
* Extra body weight increases your chances of: heart disease, diabetes, and cancer. * On top of these scary issues, medication, hospital and doctor costs are higher if you are overweight or obese. * Good News! Small changes in your weight can pay off big...
*Gout is a type of arthritis affecting a small number of joints. *Joint pain, swelling and redness, usually starting at night, are the main symptoms. *The joints involved are usually in the fingers, toes, wrists, and knees. *The pain is caused by uric acid...
Quality chronic disease care depends on self-management by patients. A large part of my role as your physician is teaching you these self-management skills. Crucial to these skills are techniques you will use to assess: Your Symptoms Your Chronic Disease...