Cancer: Let’s Talk Prevention!
* Prevention of cancer by avoiding known causes is our first priority.
* Cigarette Smoking is the most important known cause of cancer!
* Catching cancer at its earliest stage gives the greatest chance of survival.
* That means you need to get your screenings!
* Having a diagnosis of cancer does not mean we stop working on prevention or screening.
* Some cancers are not the cause of death – they are just along for the ride!
Cancer is a scary word.
Really scary. Most non-medical people regard it as a lethal condition.
But, really, what does cancer mean?
Cancer is a condition of out-of-control cell growth. It usually begins a one site or organ. If not detected and treated, it continues to grow and can spread through the blood to other organs.
We know conclusively what causes certain cancers, like lung cancer, which is triggered by cigarette smoke. And cervical cancer, which follows infection with the human papilloma virus.
For other cancers, we don’t yet know the precise cause, but have identified risk factors that steadily push people into that cancer.
Wellivery focuses on two aspects of cancer.
- screening to allow earliest diagnosis and treatment
- risk reduction – to prevent cancer from emerging.
In the U.S., hospitals and pharmaceutical companies have worked hard and at great expense to treat cancer. Countless lives have been saved by this approach.
Unfortunately, many patients die when the cancer is diagnosed too late or when the treatment fails.
Clearly, prevention of cancer would have a vast impact.
The U.S. healthcare system has not been particularly effective at preventing cancer. Medical research has shown how doctors should work with patients to prevent cancer and how to make screening happen. However, this research is not universally used, and for many reasons, patients don’t have access to either screening or prevention planning.
Cancer prevention and screening for earlist diagnosis is a primary focus of Wellivery. Our formula?
- Use established clinical guidelines
- Get patients screed according to these guidelines
- Develop a prevention plan for each patient
- Control risk factors that are already present
- Use the smartphone and phone visits as the primary platform for patient communication and education – not the doctor office.
Cancer is like most chronic diseases that occur when a genetic susceptabilty that you inherited interacts with your environment (like: nutrition, stress, excess weight, physical inactivity, smoking, alcohol). We can’t change your genetic profile.
You CAN change the enviromental factors that will push you into cancer. Wellivery is designed to be your expert physician counselor, guiding you to victory over your risk of cancer.
Get email notifications when I post new Health Topics.
- COVID19 Treatment!
- Long COVID Lung
- Leveraging Dietary Protein
- Long COVID Brain
- Long COVID Heart
- Take Control of Diabetes!
- Long COVID Treatment
- What Causes Long COVID?
- Steroids and Long COVID
- How Widespread is Long COVID?
- What is long COVID?
- Get Online Acne Treatment Now!
- What is Chronic Disease?
- Quit Smoking: How Wellivery Can Help
- Change Your Weight for Better Health!
- Gout Pain Can Be Controlled!
- Doctor Visits on Your Phone!
- Urinary Tract Infections: Get Your Antibiotic Online!
- Electronic Prescription Medicine: No Paper To Lose!
- Wellivery Facts: Online Doctor Visits Work!
TREATMENT FOR COVID19?YES! I have been tracking the scientific and clinical literature since the beginning of the COVID-19 pandemic. I have been particularly vigilant for safe and effective treatments for COVID-19 that are used in NON-HOSPITALIZED patients that have a...
Long COVID Lung A large number of patients that experienced COVID-19 will have persisting lung symptoms such as shortness of breath, wheezing, cough, and decreased exercise capacity. These problems are usually worse in patients who became so ill that they required...
* Why is protein needed? * What kind of protein? * How much? Why is Protein Needed? Obesity Prevention: The American diet tends to be high in carbohydrates and fats. Excessive intake of these nutrients is driving an epidemic of obesity, diabetes, heart disease and...
Long COVID Brain You have either heard of or experienced first hand the “brain fog” associated with COVID-19 infection. This disordered operation of thought and memory occurs during an active COVID-19 infection. But what about later, down the road? Do these issues...
Infection with COVID-19 has shown us many unique medical problems caused by the virus. Once you as a patient get out of the danger zone with your initial infection, you may not be out of the woods. Many patients COVID-19 are reporting new problems beginning many...
* Diabetes means your body is struggling to keep your blood sugar normal. * There are two types of diabetes: Typle 1 and Type 2. * If you have been diagnosed with either, careful attention to your food intake and prescribed medicine is the most...