Children and Chronic Disease
* Chronic disease occurs in children.
* For example, Asthma afflicts about 10% of children annually.
* Type II diabetes is becoming more common.
* Obesity in children sets the stage for early heart disease and diabetes.
Children have chronic disease – sad but true.
They can have diseases in all the major adult chronic disease catagories including: heart disease, cancer, and diabetes.
My approach to them is the same – control the current disease and control their risk for new chronic disease.
Compared to adults, we get an earlier start on both goals in kids.
And, kids are seldom the decision makers on key risk factors (nutrition, physical activity, smoke exposure).
That means we can enlist their parents and guardians in attacking these risk factors.
This ‘team’ is in a very powerful position to put each child on a healthy course for life.
Now, if you want to get an email when I have updated these health topics, just fill in the ‘subscribe’ box to the right.
Until next topic, I wish the best of health to you!
Get email notifications when I post new Health Topics.
- Quit Smoking: How Wellivery Can Help
- Change Your Weight for Better Health!
- Gout Pain Can Be Controlled!
- Doctor Visits on Your Phone!
- Urinary Tract Infections: Get Your Antibiotic Online!
- Electronic Prescription Medicine: No Paper To Lose!
- Wellivery Facts: Online Doctor Visits Work!
- Follow-up Care: Wellivery Makes It Easy!
- Children and Chronic Disease
- Symptom Surveys
- Cancer: Let’s Talk Prevention!
- How To Control Your Heart Disease!
- Chronic Disease and COVID19: Precautions First!
- Prevention? Get A Lifestyle Action Plan!
- Take Control of Diabetes!
- Winter Health Tips
- Affordability: Means Accessible Care!
What is Wellivery and why do you need it? * Wellivery.com is Dr. Tim Ryschon’s online medicine clinic * Wellivery is designed to be affordable, convenient, and reliable. * Wellivery follows national quality standards * Wellivery uses your phone to make...
Follow-up Care * Follow-up Care is Essential to good chronic disease control. * Follow-up allows determination of disease control and progression . * Other chronic diseases are detected early. * Medication refills are provided * Your Lifestle Action Plan...
All diseases cause changes in you how you feel. These sensations are called symptoms. Each chronic disease has its own symptoms with some overlap between diseases. Scientific research has shown that symptom surveys in chronic disease are useful in classifying...
* Prevention of cancer by avoiding known causes is our first priority.* Cigarette Smoking is the most important known cause of cancer!* Catching cancer at its earliest stage gives the greatest chance of survival.* That means you need to get your...
* Heart Disease includes: Coronary Artery Disease, Heart Valve disease, and Heart Failure. * If you have one of these diagnosed conditions, focusing on control of it is the most important priority. * If you don't have one of these conditions, we need to...
Which chronic diseases do badly with COVID19? Preliminary research shows that patients with cancer, heart disease (including high blood pressure), obesity, and chronic lung disease have more severe cases of COVID19. Why does chronic disease make you more...