How To Control Your Heart Disease!
* Heart Disease includes: Coronary Artery Disease, Heart Valve disease, and Heart Failure.
* If you have one of these diagnosed conditions, focusing on control of it is the most important priority.
* If you don’t have one of these conditions, we need to focus on prevention!
* Most of the risk factors for heart disease are under your control.
* Wellivery helps you to focus on those risk factors by delivering affordable access to a doctor.
Heart Disease is a scary phrase.
But, really, what does it mean?
Heart disease as a disease category includes:
- Coronary Artery Disease
- problems with heart valves
- Heart Failure
Coronary Artery Disease is the most common type and causes a decrease in blood supply to the muscle of your heart. When this occurs suddenly, its called a heart attack.
The shorter amount of time the blockage occurs, the less damage occurs in your heart muscle.
In the U.S., hospitals and ambulance systems have worked hard and at great expense to rapidly relieve such blockages. Countless lives have been saved by this approach.
Unfortunately, many patients die when the blockage causes cardiac arrest or severe heart damage.
Clearly, prevention of coronary artery disease would have a vast impact in preventing these problems.
The U.S. healthcare system has not been particularly effective at preventing coronary artery disease. Medical research has shown how doctors should work with patients to prevent coronary artery disease and its complications. Few doctor offices are able to follow these guidelines due to time constraints and administrative distractions.
Heart disease prevention is a primary focus of Wellivery. Our formula?
- Use established clinical guidelines
- Develop a prevention plan for each patient
- Control risk factors that are already present, and
- Use the smartphone and phone visits as the primary platform for patient communication and education – not the doctor office.
Heart disease like most chronic diseases occurs when a genetic susceptabilty that you inherited interacts with your environment including things like: nutrition, stress, excess weight, physical inactivity, smoking, and alcohol. We can’t change your genetic profile.
You CAN change these environmental factors that will push you into heart disease. Wellivery is designed to be your expert physician counselor, guiding you to victory over your risk of heart disease.
Make an appointment and start making a prevention change today!
Get email notifications when I post new Health Topics.
* Electronic prescriptions mean: ..More accuracy in the order, ..More convenience for you, ..No paper to lose, and ..It’s FAST! * Wellivery sends all orders for prescription medication to the pharmacy of your choice! Electronically! Most chronic diseases...
Quality chronic disease care depends on self-management by patients. A large part of my role as your physician is teaching you these self-management skills. Crucial to these skills are techniques you will use to assess: Your Symptoms Your Chronic Disease Status We...
What is Wellivery and why do you need it? * Wellivery.com is Dr. Tim Ryschon’s online medicine clinic * Wellivery is designed to be affordable, convenient, and reliable. * Wellivery follows national quality standards * Wellivery uses your phone to make your care...
Follow-up Care * Follow-up Care is Essential to good chronic disease control. * Follow-up allows determination of disease control and progression . * Other chronic diseases are detected early. * Medication refills are provided * Your Lifestle Action Plan is updated....
* Chronic disease occurs in children. * For example, Asthma afflicts about 10% of children annually. * Type II diabetes is becoming more common. * Obesity in children sets the stage for early heart disease and diabetes. Children have chronic disease - sad but true....
All diseases cause changes in you how you feel. These sensations are called symptoms. Each chronic disease has its own symptoms with some overlap between diseases. Scientific research has shown that symptom surveys in chronic disease are useful in classifying...