What is long COVID?
- mental or physical problems
- that began after suspected or proven COVID-19
- and last four or more weeks
What kinds of problems?
- Shortness of Breath
- Poor endurance
- “Brain fog”
- Chest pain
- Palpitations and/or tachycardia
- Joint pain
- Muscle aches
- Tingling and numbness
- Abdominal pain
- Sleep difficulties
- Unable to function daily
- Rash (e.g., urticaria)
- Mood changes
- Loss of smell and taste
- Menstrual cycle irregularities
As you can see, these symptoms are not unique to COVID-19 and are often seen in other medical conditions. The observation that they occur as new problems after COVID-19 is likely related to the body systems involved in the acute infection phase. Both the CDC and the WHO are actively considering this disorder and though their definitions are different, they are unified in emphasizing both the large number of patients experiencing it and the need to develop a health system response to care for sufferers.
If you believe you have long COVID, schedule an appointment on Wellivery to get an assessment.
Long COVID Information
Long COVID is a fascinating medical challenge! Helping patients navigate to recovery from Long COVID is a top priority at Wellivery. Keep track of Long COVID developments by bookmarking the Wellivery Long COVID page.
Get email notifications when I post new Health Topics.
- COVID19 Treatment!
- Long COVID Lung
- Leveraging Dietary Protein
- Long COVID Brain
- Long COVID Heart
- Take Control of Diabetes!
- Long COVID Treatment
- What Causes Long COVID?
- Steroids and Long COVID
- How Widespread is Long COVID?
- What is long COVID?
- Get Online Acne Treatment Now!
- What is Chronic Disease?
- Quit Smoking: How Wellivery Can Help
- Change Your Weight for Better Health!
- Gout Pain Can Be Controlled!
- Doctor Visits on Your Phone!
- Urinary Tract Infections: Get Your Antibiotic Online!
- Electronic Prescription Medicine: No Paper To Lose!
- Wellivery Facts: Online Doctor Visits Work!
TREATMENT FOR COVID19?YES! I have been tracking the scientific and clinical literature since the beginning of the COVID-19 pandemic. I have been particularly vigilant for safe and effective treatments for COVID-19 that are used in NON-HOSPITALIZED patients that have a...
Long COVID Lung A large number of patients that experienced COVID-19 will have persisting lung symptoms such as shortness of breath, wheezing, cough, and decreased exercise capacity. These problems are usually worse in patients who became so ill that they required...
* Why is protein needed? * What kind of protein? * How much? Why is Protein Needed? Obesity Prevention: The American diet tends to be high in carbohydrates and fats. Excessive intake of these nutrients is driving an epidemic of obesity, diabetes, heart disease and...
Long COVID Brain You have either heard of or experienced first hand the “brain fog” associated with COVID-19 infection. This disordered operation of thought and memory occurs during an active COVID-19 infection. But what about later, down the road? Do these issues...
Infection with COVID-19 has shown us many unique medical problems caused by the virus. Once you as a patient get out of the danger zone with your initial infection, you may not be out of the woods. Many patients COVID-19 are reporting new problems beginning many...
* Diabetes means your body is struggling to keep your blood sugar normal. * There are two types of diabetes: Typle 1 and Type 2. * If you have been diagnosed with either, careful attention to your food intake and prescribed medicine is the most...