What is long COVID?
- mental or physical problems
- that began after suspected or proven COVID-19
- and last four or more weeks
What kinds of problems?
- Shortness of Breath
- Poor endurance
- “Brain fog”
- Chest pain
- Palpitations and/or tachycardia
- Joint pain
- Muscle aches
- Tingling and numbness
- Abdominal pain
- Sleep difficulties
- Unable to function daily
- Rash (e.g., urticaria)
- Mood changes
- Loss of smell and taste
- Menstrual cycle irregularities
As you can see, these symptoms are not unique to COVID-19 and are often seen in other medical conditions. The observation that they occur as new problems after COVID-19 is likely related to the body systems involved in the acute infection phase. Both the CDC and the WHO are actively considering this disorder and though their definitions are different, they are unified in emphasizing both the large number of patients experiencing it and the need to develop a health system response to care for sufferers.
If you believe you have long COVID, schedule an appointment on Wellivery to get an assessment.
Long COVID Information
Long COVID is a fascinating medical challenge! Helping patients navigate to recovery from Long COVID is a top priority at Wellivery. Keep track of Long COVID developments by bookmarking the Wellivery Long COVID page.
Get email notifications when I post new Health Topics.
- Urinary Tract Infections: Get Your Antibiotic Online!
- Change Your Weight for Better Health!
- Quit Smoking: How Wellivery Can Help
- Doctor Visits on Your Phone!
- Gout Pain Can Be Controlled!
- What is Chronic Disease?
- Get Online Acne Treatment Now!
- Take Control of Diabetes!
- Is Semaglutide For You?
- Prevention? Get A Lifestyle Action Plan!
- Affordability: Means Accessible Care!
- Leveraging Dietary Protein
- Oral Cancer Prevention
- COVID19 Treatment!
- Long COVID Lung
- Long COVID Brain
- Long COVID Heart
- Long COVID Treatment
- What Causes Long COVID?
- Steroids and Long COVID
Urinary Tract Infection Symptoms: Burning (dysuria) Frequency (having to urinate more often than usual) Urgency (stronger than normal urge to urinate) These symptoms are the hallmarks of a UTI (Urinary tract infection) or a bladder infection. A UTI is a...
* Extra body weight increases your chances of: heart disease, diabetes, and cancer.* On top of these scary issues, medication, hospital and doctor costs are higher if you are overweight or obese.* Good News! Small changes in your weight can dramaticlaly...
* Cigarette smoking is the most powerful risk factor that you can control!* Quitting isn't easy and usually takes several tries.* The benefit for preventing heart attacks and cancer is huge.* Wellivery will help you get there by prescribing medication that...
Quality chronic disease care depends on self-management by patients. A large part of my role as a physician is teaching self-management skills. Crucial to these skills are techniques you will use to assess: - Your Symptoms, and, - Your Chronic Disease...
* Gout is a type of arthritis affecting a small number of joints. * Joint pain, swelling and redness, usually starting at night, are the main symptoms. * The joints involved are usually in the fingers, toes, wrists, and knees. * The pain is caused by uric...
* Chronic disease means any illness that lasts .. Longer than 1 year .. Requires Medical Care, and .. Limits your Activities of Daily Living *The Big Ones are: Heart Disease (coronary artery disease and high blood pressure) Type 2 Diabetes, which usually...